Search This Blog

Thursday, 3 August 2017

DUTCH BICYCLES


The above is a Batavus model that looks very nice to me.It is a working bicycle where I can ride to the market or to the office. In fact, it is like a touring bike used by Malaysians.
Below is another version that I like but I don't know the brand.



Last May 2017 my friends and me went Netherlands for a bike tour.We rented bicycles from Tulips Cycling and visited five towns except for Amsterdam.Below is a photo taken when we visited Keukenhof on 8th May, 2017.




Above is our group photo when we rented nine bicycles in Harleem.From here,we cycled to other cities.I found that Dutch bikes are robust,sturdy and practical to use as a touring bike. As we cycled for five days,I found out that the Dutch are very creative and ingenious  in designing and making bikes.The one I cycled with costs € 1500!Herewith I attach a few photos of Dutch bikes during my journey.









No comments:

Post a Comment