Skip to main content

BEING AWAY FROM HOME

The last time I went  overseas was five years ago and the recent one was a week ago when I travelled to foreign lands without my wife.Immediately, I realised that I was being pampered and taken care by my dearest and beloved wife, which I had taken for granted for the last four decades!.Thank you Allah  and to my wife. Allah knows best!

Everything changes when I landed in Amsterdam- the weather, the people and the currency that gave their first impacts.And I love them except when it comes to currency exchange.My two thousand ringgits pocket money have shrunk to 400 euros!



This trip is not an oversea holiday per se.It is a very special trip for me.It also may be the last time for me to do a cycling tour of Netherlands. About 50% of my time was about cycling.In five years time(if I am still around), I would be too old to push and cycle my bike across Europe.Thank You The  Most Merciful Lord Allahu Akhbar for giving me the time, the health and the energy to cycle 4 days in Holland with one day visit to my favourite garden- Keukenhof.After a week in Holland, I took my usual detour to Londre, Old blighty.



In the old days- about a decade ago, being away from home means almost being disconnected from our homes and family and friends.But nowadays, we can be almost anywhere in the world and yet stay connected through social media like facebook,Whatsapp and skype.


One of the management and business lessons of being away is we must adopt and adapt to a new environment.We need to change to fit into the new landscape and ecosystem.We have to operate within the system in order to survive.If we keep our eyes, ears and minds open, we can learn a lot during our travel especially about ourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WATER ISSUES

Cerita Kedaikopi : # 86-31.03.2002



The only way we're going to lose our relevance is if we stop learning..





"I have been reading your 'Cerita Kedaikopi' stories but I still have

not finished reading the previous ones",said

my friend who happens to be one of my avid readers."Well, I took four

years to write 85 stories but please donot

try to read them within a month. Take your time and read them at your

own pace-otherwise you will have indigestion.

By the way, don't forget to read my other weblogs and travel journals as

well", I replied. Then he asked," How come

I do not receive anything this month?





'Honestly, it is easier to read than to write. What more if one is busy

with one's own business and some urgent

family matters to attend to. My wife's uncle, a well known writer once

told me: You can't do both; either you

write or you do business. He is right and spoke from his experience. He

started writing and became a publisher

and …

MARKET PLACES

ON RAINS

I was on the Transit Train from KLIA to Putrajaya yesterday.On the way,I saw a dark cloud and I prayed to Allah to delay the rain until I arrived at Putrajaya Sentral where I park my car.On arrival,I was greeted with a down pour!OMG,now,I had to wait for the rain to stop.I was complaining..
There was no way for us to get to our car without getting wet.My wife suggested we walk around the station..May be we can buy dinner to take away.As I walked around reluctantly,we came upon a kiosk selling coffee/cakes.We were offered a small free cup of coffee as part of their product promotion.Immediately I accepted the offer.Having hot coffee on a raining day is great!
As we moved around,we came upon a Kerepok Leko Stall.This is another lovely surprise!We ordered a set of kerepok leko and enjoyed our 'high tea'.By the time we finished our meal,the rain stopped and we went to our car and drove home.

The above is my short story.The moral of the story is for you to interpret and take home a le…