Search This Blog

Sunday, 26 March 2017

SCARY RAIN STORM

A CLOSE ENCOUNTER WITH RAIN STORM...
I entered the PLUS Highway at Kajang Toll at 3.40pm I was on my way to pay a visit to my neighbour in Taman Maluri who passed away at 1pm.Solat jenazah was scheduled after solat 'asar.By about 3.45pm,it began to rain and it got heavier and heavier until my visibility was about 10 metres.I only knew my location from my Waze's Map.The cars were almost crawling as we approached the Sg Besi Toll.I could not read the toll signages.The rain water surface run-off on the road was about 10 centimeters. After the tolll, the traffic came almost at a stand still.It was not raining cats and dogs any more.I think it is more like raining elephants and tigers.I saw layers of curtain of rainfall surrounding me.The thunders were deafening...

After paying my toll,I decided to stop at the Petron Station nearby and think-to proceed and take the risk of driving another 15km to KL in that condition or go home and travel 20km.On checking with my Waze,the road is "green" for me to return home and "red" to proceed.I decided to go home.
On the way home,I saw at least 50% of the road was inudated with a few inches of rain water.The standard road drainage failed miserably under such stormy weather.All along my scary drive,I had to muddle through "flooded" roads and manuevering around fallen tree branches scattered on the road.By 4:30pm,I returned home in one piece-Alhamdulilah.Pheww....what a Sunday drive to KL.

No comments:

Post a Comment