Search This Blog

Friday, 5 August 2016

WORDS POWER

WORDS POWER:

About a week ago,I met my SDARA senior Dato Salamon Selamat at our Hari Raya gathering at Putrajaya Lake Club.On seeing him,I went straight to see him and thanked him for teaching me a good habit I acquired more than 50 years when I was in Remove Class, SDAR,Tanjung Malim.He was in form four then and a school prefect.During a prep class,he taught me to set up a vocabulary book.At that time,as a kampung boy I think I knew not more than 100 word of English as I came from a Malay medium school.In six years,when I sat for my MCE,I got C3 for my English.As they say,the rest is history.



Well,what is so great about words?As a simple example,without knowing the right word,I would not be able to write a good sentence.Empowered with the command of English language,I was able to get an engineering degree from Sheffield ,England.Again,the rest is history.



To young parents,please inculcate the culture of having a vocabulary book for your children.It is a great asset for them later in their adult life.By the way,I have a few dictionaries in the office and at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment