Search This Blog

Friday, 2 October 2015

My 63rd Birthday

First my thanks and gratitude to Allah for His rahmah on me that I am still alive at 63 years old and in generally good health.Thank you,My Lord-Allahu Rabbul 'Alamin for everything you have given to me.May I live the rest of my life in the state of obedience and taqwa to You,Ya Allah.


This year ,I  chose to be at home with my wife to enjoy a quiet birthday.I read my favourite story book and my wife did some cooking for two of us.All of children are working now.Two had already got married and I have now four grand children.However,my online community at Facebook was very busy.There was a flurry of Happy Birthday greetings and doas for my birthday.I lost count but the number almost touched 200.It started as early as 3am for the last two days.The simplest mesaage is just hbd to me and the more complex messages came in photos and long text.These birthday messages came from my relatives,close friends, my online groups members  (cycling/ photography/ palm) and alumni.During the old days of blogs and emails,I never receive more then 50 birthday greetings.Now Facebook make it easier for everyone to know their friend's birthday and to send greeting messages.To those who took time to send greetings and doas for me,may I thank you very much and God bless all of you.

At 40,I was wondering whether I could live to 50 because a few of my peers had passed away.At 50,I also wondered whether I could live to 60 as more of friends and relatives passed away.At 60,I told myself  not to count years but count every Friday and be grateful to Allah for His mercy on me to keep me alive until the next Friday.In our family,I become one of the senior members.It means that I am on the next on line.Birthdays are milestones on my journeys of life.As the years went by,the numbers of milestones increases and the distance to destination is getting nearer..

Looking back,I don't have much to tell and what matters more at this age, as a muslim, is to live a life of taqwa.I must keep changing myself for the better before I am called to meet Allah.As the wise Al-Rumi said,"When I was clever I want to change the world.Now,I am wise,I want t change myself".I have seen the world in the last 50 years and know what it was.Now,I must spend more time getting ready for the next world.InsyaAllah.

To me,birthday is not only a day to celebrate but also a day to cry..

Once again,thank you everyone for being a good friend to me.Thank you Ya Allah for every thing and please keep me on the right path until I come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment