Search This Blog

Tuesday, 1 September 2015

58TH MERDEKA DAY

It was just another day of celebration for our National Independence Anniversary.For this year,Bersih4 was more dominant prior to the National Day.

Personally,I have nothing new to celebrate other than it is our national day anniversary.Political and economic situations arised from the GST and the issues related to 1MDB are of great concerns to many of us who  are normal citizens and especially the low income group like me who are struggling to meet ends meet against the escalation of price of goods we need for our daily lives.

Everyday,I read the views of fellow Malaysians in social media about their concerns on the present political and ecnomic scenario of our country.I could feel the heat and vibrations.Sometimes,I feel very sad,at time I got angry and sometimes I had a good laugh.Words and events are moving faster than I could read and see them.As a concerned and informed observer on the 'kaki lima',I am asking myself,what is next.

A young man asked me what is going to be the future of our country.It reminds of one ayat from the Holy Quran:

For each (such person) there are (angels) in succession, before and behind him: They guard him by command of Allah. Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls). But when (once) Allah willeth a people's punishment, there can be no turning it back, nor will they find, besides Him, any to protect.

So,young man,your future depends more on what you are going to do now for yourself and your country.My generation of senior citizens are fading away..


No comments:

Post a Comment