Skip to main content

SLEEPLESS IN BANGI

I was tired last night,and fell asleep just after 9pm.At 2:30AM I was awaken by bad dream and now I cannot go back to sleep.First thing,I check my whatapps groups,my emails and my Facebook.Then,I uploaded a few good photos to Fujifilm -Mirrorless.com to take part in international Fujifilm competition and added a few photos to Club.Fujifilm.my.

Reading the reports,news and messages from newsportals and social media made me sleepless.All Malaysians read the news but what are facts,lies,rumours are yet to be ascertained.On Tuesday 28/7/2015,a few ministers and senior government officers were replaced.As one of the informed and rational Malaysians,I am very worried what lies ahead-politically and economically.Everyone of us have our own personal views based on one's information,knowledge and experience.But one thing is common:What lies ahead of us as a nation?

Personally,I offer no suggestions and recommendation on the way how we should govern our country and neither what political system we should adopt. I am no expert in these matters.However,as a nation,the politicians,the government officers and the intellectuals must pool their resources and work together for Malaysia.Leaders come and leaders go,management come and management go,but the nation remains and must prevail.We must have the right system in place.Let us look back in the last three decades since Tun Mahathir Muhamad and to the present Dato' Seri Najib Tun Razak eras.What had gone wrong,what we had done right;we need review and replan and move forward.

My generation of leaders in government and business sectors are old,aging and fading away.We need to groom and train new leaders to last  this 21st century.What is the rush to be developed nation by 2020?What matters most is we are on the right path and moving forward and not backward.

May I quote Voltaire:The common minds talk about events,but the great minds talk about ideas.


Comments

  1. You cannot sleep because you have conscience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WATER ISSUES

Cerita Kedaikopi : # 86-31.03.2002



The only way we're going to lose our relevance is if we stop learning..





"I have been reading your 'Cerita Kedaikopi' stories but I still have

not finished reading the previous ones",said

my friend who happens to be one of my avid readers."Well, I took four

years to write 85 stories but please donot

try to read them within a month. Take your time and read them at your

own pace-otherwise you will have indigestion.

By the way, don't forget to read my other weblogs and travel journals as

well", I replied. Then he asked," How come

I do not receive anything this month?





'Honestly, it is easier to read than to write. What more if one is busy

with one's own business and some urgent

family matters to attend to. My wife's uncle, a well known writer once

told me: You can't do both; either you

write or you do business. He is right and spoke from his experience. He

started writing and became a publisher

and …

MARKET PLACES

ON RAINS

I was on the Transit Train from KLIA to Putrajaya yesterday.On the way,I saw a dark cloud and I prayed to Allah to delay the rain until I arrived at Putrajaya Sentral where I park my car.On arrival,I was greeted with a down pour!OMG,now,I had to wait for the rain to stop.I was complaining..
There was no way for us to get to our car without getting wet.My wife suggested we walk around the station..May be we can buy dinner to take away.As I walked around reluctantly,we came upon a kiosk selling coffee/cakes.We were offered a small free cup of coffee as part of their product promotion.Immediately I accepted the offer.Having hot coffee on a raining day is great!
As we moved around,we came upon a Kerepok Leko Stall.This is another lovely surprise!We ordered a set of kerepok leko and enjoyed our 'high tea'.By the time we finished our meal,the rain stopped and we went to our car and drove home.

The above is my short story.The moral of the story is for you to interpret and take home a le…