Search This Blog

Sunday, 19 July 2015

Keep reading-It is cool!

I went to a Malay school way back in the 50s and early 60s.When I was selected to study at SDAR,Tanjung Malim,Perak in January 1965,I had to undergo a Remove Class for a year.There,I began to learn English because the medium of instruction then was in English except BM and Agama.It was at SDAR where I began to read and love reading.


Fast forward to the 70s,I went to Sheffield ,UK to study engineering from 1973-76.For three years,I was exposed to English speaking community and the media.Again,my reading habit developed further and became my culture until today.Alhamdulilah.Sadly,I failed to inculcate the same intensity of reading culture to my children,I hope they will pick up later as I did for my Quran reading.


For the the  last 30 days,I stopped reading novels but only read management and Islamic books.Yesterday,I bought two novels to keep me reading in August,2015.First,I am going to read The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling and the second book is Be Careful  what you Wish For by Sir Jeffrey Archer.Both are great English novel writers.Why?Both of them are great storytellers and write good English where I can learn to improve my command and writing skills in English.And at the same time,reading their stories is a form of entertainment for my mind.By the way,I also love to read novels by John Grisham and Nicholas Sparks.


To improve my English,I write my blogs almost daily.I began blogging more than a decade ago.Along the way,I made new friends and explore other new interests like photography and cycling.As they say,the rest is history.Reading maketh A Man.


No comments:

Post a Comment