Skip to main content

Good bye Ramadan 1436

Not all of my peers can fast for the whole of Ramadan.A few of us are sick and can only fast a few days.Health takes its toll  as age 60+ catches with us.I am grateful to Allah that I am overall okay and did my fasting for whole of Ramadan 1436.Last year, I got sick at the beginning of fasting  month but this year I was okay except for some tired days that I did not go and solat terrawih.Alhamdulilah.

I du'a that I will be able to meet the next Ramadan in 1437(2016) .Last year,Allah granted me to fast this year.I hope will give me another chance to fast again next year.

To younger men in their 30s,40s and 50s,please take the opportunity given to you to get Lailatul Qadr every year.Never wait until you are 60 years old like me.Why?First,you may die earlier and second you may be sick and could not do fasting and solat terawih.Now,I experience some minor pains in my backs and knees and could not do more solat terawih and solat qiamulail as I want.Aging has spoken and I am embracing it.Every day,I will closer to my death.

Why not take some time to flash back what we had done,not  done and could have done during the last Ramadan?If you did not have a plan,there is no way to measure your performance and achievement.If you have a plan,look for the negative variances and take measure to improve on it.Don't wait until next Ramadan to make the change.We have to make the change now and live  it through the next Ramadan.The major objective of fasting is to achieve the state of taqwa.There are a few levels of taqwa.Where is our maqam now?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WATER ISSUES

Cerita Kedaikopi : # 86-31.03.2002



The only way we're going to lose our relevance is if we stop learning..





"I have been reading your 'Cerita Kedaikopi' stories but I still have

not finished reading the previous ones",said

my friend who happens to be one of my avid readers."Well, I took four

years to write 85 stories but please donot

try to read them within a month. Take your time and read them at your

own pace-otherwise you will have indigestion.

By the way, don't forget to read my other weblogs and travel journals as

well", I replied. Then he asked," How come

I do not receive anything this month?





'Honestly, it is easier to read than to write. What more if one is busy

with one's own business and some urgent

family matters to attend to. My wife's uncle, a well known writer once

told me: You can't do both; either you

write or you do business. He is right and spoke from his experience. He

started writing and became a publisher

and …

MARKET PLACES

ON RAINS

I was on the Transit Train from KLIA to Putrajaya yesterday.On the way,I saw a dark cloud and I prayed to Allah to delay the rain until I arrived at Putrajaya Sentral where I park my car.On arrival,I was greeted with a down pour!OMG,now,I had to wait for the rain to stop.I was complaining..
There was no way for us to get to our car without getting wet.My wife suggested we walk around the station..May be we can buy dinner to take away.As I walked around reluctantly,we came upon a kiosk selling coffee/cakes.We were offered a small free cup of coffee as part of their product promotion.Immediately I accepted the offer.Having hot coffee on a raining day is great!
As we moved around,we came upon a Kerepok Leko Stall.This is another lovely surprise!We ordered a set of kerepok leko and enjoyed our 'high tea'.By the time we finished our meal,the rain stopped and we went to our car and drove home.

The above is my short story.The moral of the story is for you to interpret and take home a le…