Skip to main content

URBAN GEOMETRY

The most qualified people would be the architects and the town planners to talk about this subject matter.I am only an old engineer who just fell in love with urban geometry when I walk the streets of Putrajaya since I started cycling here way back in 2008.As I cycle and I walk,I began to appreciate the beauty of geometry being applied by the town planners,building architects and landscape architects of Putrajaya.Kudos to them!!!

My first academic encounters with geometry was way back in 1969 when I was in Form 4,TIKL.Here,I studied Additional Maths and Geometrical and Mechanical Drawing as my MCE subjects.With a degree in Civil and Structural Engineering,I have better background knowledge to appreciate the beauty of geometry in urban landscape.
When I took up photography seriously in the last three years,my eyes began to see the beauty of geometry in action.Now,I have a love affair with geometry.Thank God,it was not with another woman;otherwise I can't go cycling in Putrajaya.

Many of my friends would ask what is so great about boring lines and shapes.A few will kill me if I keep talking about analytical geometry or trigonometry because they just hate Mathematics.I don't blame them because it is either you see or you don't see.To appreciate more,one needs some knowledge in geometry and a good pair of beautiful eyes.

InsyaAllah,may be in July or August,2015 I plan to organise a GEOMETRY PHOTOWALK from PM Office to PICC and back~8km.Herewith I attached three photos to seduce you to come with me for a walk.No need to be a good photographer-just enjoy the walk.It is good for your legs,eyes and heart.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WATER ISSUES

Cerita Kedaikopi : # 86-31.03.2002



The only way we're going to lose our relevance is if we stop learning..





"I have been reading your 'Cerita Kedaikopi' stories but I still have

not finished reading the previous ones",said

my friend who happens to be one of my avid readers."Well, I took four

years to write 85 stories but please donot

try to read them within a month. Take your time and read them at your

own pace-otherwise you will have indigestion.

By the way, don't forget to read my other weblogs and travel journals as

well", I replied. Then he asked," How come

I do not receive anything this month?





'Honestly, it is easier to read than to write. What more if one is busy

with one's own business and some urgent

family matters to attend to. My wife's uncle, a well known writer once

told me: You can't do both; either you

write or you do business. He is right and spoke from his experience. He

started writing and became a publisher

and …

MARKET PLACES

ON RAINS

I was on the Transit Train from KLIA to Putrajaya yesterday.On the way,I saw a dark cloud and I prayed to Allah to delay the rain until I arrived at Putrajaya Sentral where I park my car.On arrival,I was greeted with a down pour!OMG,now,I had to wait for the rain to stop.I was complaining..
There was no way for us to get to our car without getting wet.My wife suggested we walk around the station..May be we can buy dinner to take away.As I walked around reluctantly,we came upon a kiosk selling coffee/cakes.We were offered a small free cup of coffee as part of their product promotion.Immediately I accepted the offer.Having hot coffee on a raining day is great!
As we moved around,we came upon a Kerepok Leko Stall.This is another lovely surprise!We ordered a set of kerepok leko and enjoyed our 'high tea'.By the time we finished our meal,the rain stopped and we went to our car and drove home.

The above is my short story.The moral of the story is for you to interpret and take home a le…