Skip to main content

Masjid Sultan Mizan

Laman Qiblat-A beautifully landscaped and manicured garden lies between two blocks of offices belonging to Perbadanan Putrajaya.This garden is the main entrance to the Masjid Sultan Mizan.It is location is perpendicular to the Main Boulevard of City of Putrajaya-The New administrative centre of Malaysia.During Ramadhan,this Laman Qiblat is beautifully decorated to celebrate Ramadhan Al-Mubarak.It is like an open air shopping complex.i.e Ramadhan Souq.


Locally,this masjid is known as Masjid Besi.The reason is very simple.The main structure of this masjid is made of steel ,including its dome.From outside,the masjid looks like the Istiglal Masjid in Jakarta-very squarish and a dome.Inside,it is full of great achitectural features.

Ramadhan is less than a month away.I look forward to solat teraweh here.Food and drink for break of fast(iftar) is provided free to all muslims/muslimah.After magrib,dinner is served.After solat isyak and teraweh,moreh will be served.From my observation in the last three years,I gave this masjid a 5-star rating not only for its building but also for its religous programme all year around and good crowd management during Ramadhan.Syabas!

A018
Hanyasanya yang layak memakmurkan (menghidupkan) masjid-masjid Allah itu ialah orang-orang yang beriman kepada Allah dan hari akhirat serta mendirikan sembahyang dan menunaikan zakat dan tidak takut melainkan kepada Allah, (dengan adanya sifat-sifat yang tersebut) maka adalah diharapkan mereka menjadi dari golongan yang mendapat petunjuk.
(At-Taubah 9:18) | <Embed> | English Translation | Tambah Nota Bookmark 
The mosques of Allah shall be visited and maintained by such as believe in Allah and the Last Day, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity, and fear none (at all) except Allah. It is they who are expected to be on true guidance.


Masjid Sultan Mizan as seen at night from Umai Cafe..



The water feature around the prayer hall make it like the massjid is floating on water.Brilliant Design!


Waiting for iftar-Buka Puasa in Ramadhan..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WATER ISSUES

Cerita Kedaikopi : # 86-31.03.2002



The only way we're going to lose our relevance is if we stop learning..





"I have been reading your 'Cerita Kedaikopi' stories but I still have

not finished reading the previous ones",said

my friend who happens to be one of my avid readers."Well, I took four

years to write 85 stories but please donot

try to read them within a month. Take your time and read them at your

own pace-otherwise you will have indigestion.

By the way, don't forget to read my other weblogs and travel journals as

well", I replied. Then he asked," How come

I do not receive anything this month?





'Honestly, it is easier to read than to write. What more if one is busy

with one's own business and some urgent

family matters to attend to. My wife's uncle, a well known writer once

told me: You can't do both; either you

write or you do business. He is right and spoke from his experience. He

started writing and became a publisher

and …

MARKET PLACES

ON RAINS

I was on the Transit Train from KLIA to Putrajaya yesterday.On the way,I saw a dark cloud and I prayed to Allah to delay the rain until I arrived at Putrajaya Sentral where I park my car.On arrival,I was greeted with a down pour!OMG,now,I had to wait for the rain to stop.I was complaining..
There was no way for us to get to our car without getting wet.My wife suggested we walk around the station..May be we can buy dinner to take away.As I walked around reluctantly,we came upon a kiosk selling coffee/cakes.We were offered a small free cup of coffee as part of their product promotion.Immediately I accepted the offer.Having hot coffee on a raining day is great!
As we moved around,we came upon a Kerepok Leko Stall.This is another lovely surprise!We ordered a set of kerepok leko and enjoyed our 'high tea'.By the time we finished our meal,the rain stopped and we went to our car and drove home.

The above is my short story.The moral of the story is for you to interpret and take home a le…